Paddling Coaches 2018
We are looking for coaches in our Competitive Paddling Program (Atom through Bantam/Midget) as well as our community program of evening recreation “learn to Paddle classes” and our daytime young child Novice program.
Seeking individuals who have flexible schedule required offering between 15-40 hours a week for several positions. We also have the expectation that coaches will be available for regattas and we do pay for regatta hours obtained.
Applicants need to have the following qualifications to be considered for the position:
· Minimum 5 years paddling experience in a competitive paddling program
· Experience Coxing War Canoe
· Experience with regatta entries, draws and scratch meetings(or willingness to learn)
· Mature, reliable and responsible individual
· Have certification from ADCKC in Canoe Kids coaching levels (minimum) or willing to obtain in spring of 2018
· Motor craft operator’s license(or willing to obtain in spring of 2018)
· Experience working with young children in instruction or leadership role
· Willing to have fun and follow through with engaging instruction to promote sport, athletic development, technique and fun
Interested Applicants should submit a resume by email to email@example.com, Applicants of interest will be asked to do an in person interview and references will be requested and checked.
Successful applicants must attend a two day paid orientation in June prior to the club opening. Dates will be provided at the interview for the orientation and the summer season.
Property staff job description
Reporting to the Club Manager and Property Cahir, the Grounds Maintenance staff are responsible for assisting with day-to-day outdoor maintenance and ensuring that the grounds, docks and amenities of the Club are well kept. Positions: pay $11.00 an hour with a flexible schedule offering between 30-40 hours a week (club is open 7 days / week) for three positions.
• General building and grounds maintenance;
• Equipment clean-up and garbage/recycling collection;
• Daily bathroom checks and cleaning of bathroom facilities in the club house;
• Operation of a self-propelled lawn mower and power grass trimmer;
• Boat loading/unloading for regattas;
• Operation of the safety boat, as required.
• Enforce club rules and regulations;
• Cover breaks as needed for other staff when appropriate;
• Interact with club members in a positive and respectful manner;
• Report issues and concerns to club manager;
• Assist in planning and implementation of fun days/dances/etc. (if scheduled);
• Participate fully as a team member by working cooperatively with other staff;
• Be available for flexible scheduling;
• Act as a positive role model for the children present at the club.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• You are able to work with minimal supervision, follow and carry out instructions
• You have interpersonal skills to deal with club members and staff to provide clear information.
• You have the ability to work shifts, weekends as per schedule and in inclement weather.
• You have demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality.
• You are knowledgeable of the operation and maintenance of powered equipment such as lawnmowers, and small hand tools.
• Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Required to stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift.
• Required to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling.
• Required to move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces.
• * Knowledge of WHMIS.
• * Must possess CSA certified safety footwear.
Copies of qualifications must be brought to the interview.
Interested Applicants should submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 3 references by April 27th, 2018 to be considered. Applicants of interest will be asked to do an in person interview and references will be checked. Successful applicants must attend a one day paid orientation in June prior to the club opening. Dates will be provided at the interview for the orientation and the summer season.
Where else can you find a location in the city that has recreational canoes and kayaks free for members each evening and weekends, and a supervised beach?
Competitive? Look no further if you want top of the line coaching, and a lake you won't have to share with anyone else! Our coaches and coaching staff will offer the best training on and off the water.
Early Bird Registration is open now until April 21! See the Registration tab for instructions and all information pertaining to fees.
Lifeguards watch over our wonderful swimming area. Red Cross Swim lessons are also offered throughout the summer, and won't interfere with your paddling!